Tuesday 3 June 2008

I'm Back!

Hello again readers! Sorry for the long absence, I was away over the weekend and then we had a minor electricity crisis last night, but I'm back and blogging now!

I won't try and cover all the news from the weekend, just a bireif outline of what's been going on today...

The big news is that apparently, we've had a bid accepted for Cardiff's Aaron Ramsey. There's a lot of hype around the kid, who is only 17, but if you ask me, he should stay at Cardiff and play another season in the Championship. If he comes here, or goes to Man Utd, he would be a fringe player at best, and I think he would improve a lot more by playing regularly than by sitting on the bench or in the reserves. It's not like this will be his only chance; if he's half the player people make him out to be, he'll end up in the Premiership soon anyway.

Despite the appointment of Mourinho, it looks like Hleb may still be on his way to Inter. I don't know what to believe, as it seems to change between Barca, Real and Inter on a daily basis. He'll end up at one of the three I imagine, though I can see it becoming a bit like last year's Reyes saga. Let's hope not. The same article also gives information about bids for Nicklas Bendtner from two German clubs, and I must say his loyalty and attitude is very refreshing. I have high hopes for the big Dane next season.

Mad Jens has joined Stuttgart; I'm sad to see him go, but I think it's mostly nostalgia. I wish him all the best and hope the rest of the fans will too.

The Managing Director of Fulham has resigned, and, inevitably, there has been some talk about him joining our board. I know nothing at all about this man, so there's not much I cay say.

We've also been linked today with David Villa, which is not going to happen, and Andrei Arshavin, who could be interesting, but there's no evidence behind this at all. Shame, as from what I have seen he is a very good player who could fit in well here. Still, I'd be very surprised if I saw him at Arsenal at the start of the next season. I really wonder why people continue to go on about the Villa transfer after Wenger said this. It's not going to happen, we don't need any more strikers, get over it.

Finally, just for a bit of light amusement; "Spurs behind in the race to sign Robinho". No shit...

No comments: